Due to recent worldwide shortages, stocks of Oxygen Concentrators are at zero. We will update the site when new stock becomes available
See the link below for the Training Collaboration between Optimum Biomedical Ltd and Diamedica UK
And or work with UKMed
We made it into Bedford Today!
A Bedford biomedical engineer has joined an international emergency health charity UK-Med to help fight the pandemic in Djibouti, East Africa.
Rob Shutt, together with a doctor and two nurses from the Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda and Benin are providing specialist training to healthcare workers to prepare for a future surge of Covid.
The charity - UK-Med - is training staff in four hospitals in the capital, Djibouti City for three months
The 26-year-old from Kempston been supporting teams to install, use and maintain critical care equipment including ventilators and oxygen supplies.
Rob said: "Once the assessments were done, we realised one of the first issues we needed to highlight was around precautions when interacting with medical equipment.... so thorough decontamination processes, the wearing of appropriate PPE and equipment safety inspections."
Rob has worked as a biomedical engineer for five years supporting organisations in the UK and across Africa. He currently works for Optimum Biomedical in Milton Keynes.
Following a very successful deployment with UK-Med our Managing Director Sean Ryder is back in the UK. The UKEMT Team Lead and Orthopaedic Surgeon Andy Kent, wrote a great article on the UK-Med deployment to Eswatini as part of the UKEMT. See the link below to read the article
What we do
At Optimum Biomedical Ltd. we now have a growing number of biomedical equipment services available, these include:
- Complete 9 week biomedical equipment training course (enter our store)
- 2 week in-depth anaesthetic equipment training course (enter our store)
- Short UK based face to face bespoke specific biomedical equipment training courses
- Virtual biomedical equipment training via our Virtual Training Platform, which includes a fully interactive whiteboard, chat bars, break-out rooms, PowerPoint presentation area, pre-recorded video area. This has been an extremely valuable resource during the pandemic (enter our store)
- Inspection, testing, service repairs and calibration services to GP surgeries, UK Government department, Multiple Aid organisations and private sector organisations.
- BMET Global support
- Sales of New & Pre-owned medical equipment (enter our store)
Our courses are designed for people who already work within the industry but want to further enhance their learning and gain a globally recognised certificate. However we now have a course designed for total new comers looking for a change in career
Our overseas courses are 9 weeks in duration and include the following:
- 4 weeks of theory based learning starting with human physiology
- Electronics theory and practical with a practical assessment
- Fault finding practical sessions with a practical assessment
- Inspection and Testing using state of the art test equipment from Fluke Biomedical with assessments on each piece of test equipment
- A 50 question multiple choice paper over two hours
In addition we provide a two week advanced anaesthesia biomedical course once the 9 week course has been completed
Examples of some of our PowerPoint presentation slides
We are also able to provide a supply chain of additional test equipment, tooling and spare parts for medical devices. This is a valuable service which is committed to supplying much needed high quality equipment into developing markets.